Tuesday, September 13, 2011

All It Takes Is One

What is that one?  A picture, or scene, rather.  Will explain this later and show the pic.

I've been struggling some in restarting this story.  With so many ideas it's hard to decide on just one when I feel that they are all excellent beginnings.  Not quite a reboot, but maybe a retelling?  A bit of both, then.  Or neither, and that's because I haven't revealed anything that I have wanted to do with this story, or more to the point, progressed it enough.  So, I guess changes are being made from things I had originally planned.  While I love the introductory chapters for Appol and Kat, I feel that went on a bit too long.  Right now, I just want to jump into the story and really get things moving...


I'll be touching on some points mentioned from the first story arc (if you can call it that.)  One of the things I want to address is how that first story ended, with the reveal of Elena and her child.  Elena is an unfortunate victim of being lost forever.  But I had so many ideas revolving around her, and more so of Cora (also lost,) that I don't want to abandon the ideas.  Instead, I want to find a way to incorporate them into the story.  Even if that means I have to use a totally new sim.  Sometimes it doesn't workout with some actors and they are fired and replaced.  Same deal here!  So, if there is a new sim replacing another from before I'll be sure to point that out.

This story, I don't know if it's because I haven't done this in a few months or what, but it felt different.  I didn't know where to begin with it.  What I did was to just pick the sims I thought I would be using for the first couple of scenes, and just go with it.  And I did.  Started with one town, didn't like it, tried another, picked several locations and took a few pics.  All the while the gears in my head turned.  None of the pics were... I guess, inspirational.  I just needed the one pic to kick start everything.  As I'm sure some of you can relate, I just happened to get the shot I needed as I was calling it quits on the session and was just messing around with move objects.  You know, "this here, you right there, and maybe one of those..."

 A post is not complete without a pic! 

This first one is the only one I really want to show, but it's hard to post just one: (click for larger)
Photobucket

And a random just cause I can:
Photobucket


About the first pic: For me, there is a lot going on in that pic.  Not sure if I'll use that exact picture in the story, but it sets a tone and a goal for how I might want things to end for the first update - read into that how you please!  It has fed me with some great ideas and I think it'll be something cool.  I have a modified version of this pic as my desktop background.  "INSPIRE ME!" *cough*

As for the second, well, she's just my favorite, so, =P

And now, please don't ask me when I'll update lol.  Baby steps!

4 comments:

  1. Go Vig! You can doo eeet!! Oh how Jelly I am you can have Calligraph as your blog font D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had doubts... but to hear you cheer me on. You're right. I can do this!! Your encouragement has renewed my resolve in that I will have an update out before the year is over, and the world ending next year.

    L.
    O.
    L.

    Hi, Berry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sets cattle prod in the fire til it's glowing red - hides prod behind back*

    Hey V! Come here! I have some inspiration for you! ;)

    If you're unsure of how you want to begin, try writing out all or just a few of your ideas and see which one strikes you the most!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am more for just winging it as I go, rather than planning ahead. Got some key points in mind, just need to fill in the in-between.

    Part of why it takes me so long :]

    ReplyDelete