Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Bestest Berry of All-Time Competition.

A Berry Sweet Modeling Competition, actually.  The timing for this comp. had been perfect, I guess.  Can't quite say what possessed me to enter it, but I did.  And not only that but I made it through and was accepted to compete!  I was surprised.  For a long time now I've wanted to enter one of these competitions but the timing was never good.  Cause, well, it's me and time is everything to me.  What really surprised me most is how much fun I am having with it.  Although I do feel sorry for everyone for occasionally holding up the competition... cause I'm slow!  (Sorry, Berry!)

One of the things I wanted to do when this first started was to post pics that didn't quite make it, or maybe should have.  This really came to mind during that first assignment, but I'll get to that in another post.  The first thing that had to be done was qualify with a single picture - not counting the head shot.  Actually, no, the first thing was to find a Berry-Sim.  And I had only one in mind from the get go.  But was he Berry enough?  I didn't know, but I figured I'd at least try and let the judges decide if he was.

I entered Jack C.B. Wintermint.  The pic I used:  (Took a few tries, I couldn't remember how to post an image!)



Photobucket


He's always been a Berry.  I created him to be that and I've had him for well over a year now just sitting in my bin.  Why?  Cause he's a sim I wanted to use for my story.  I've even mentioned him before.  Though he didn't go by the name Jack.  In the story he was known as Rollo Wintermist.  I don't expect anyone to recall the name, but it was mentioned in the first chapter of The Second Coming.  Who mentioned him?  A little pink-haired sim working fast at her computer named, Fairy.  And now I've even brought Fairy into the competition with Jack.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.  The name.  To me, for my story, his name was always going to be Jack.  "Rollo" was to be an alias, and maybe even a callsign.  I say maybe because I've been wanting to reboot my story for a long time now and with how things are progressing with the competition I've gained many new ideas.  More on that later.

The above pic was my entry pic, but there was another I wanted to use:

Photobucket

I didn't use this one because, well, I just liked the other one more.  As it was mentioned in the story that was submitted along with the first picture for the competition, the woman is/was his girlfriend in the untold story that is in my head.  She too has been sitting in my bin for a very long time. I've quite the pile of unused/unseen sims just waiting.

Well, that's all I wanted to share for right now.  I would like to talk about some of my thinkings that went into each assignment - just cause.  But I won't get ahead of the competition either.  Won't talk about an assignment that has yet to be scored.  Which should be okay cause this is me I'm talking about and I take forever anyway.  :]

4 comments:

  1. Nice Berry, V! I like Jack better than Rollo! :P

    Need ... untold ... stories ... to ... be ... told ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! Hope you knock em dead!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rob: I agree. And, working on it!

    @EJ: Heya, been awhile! I do what I can but mostly I just try to make it in on time! lol

    ReplyDelete