Tuesday, January 31, 2012

OM...B!? The Con That Was Berrified.

First assignment: Berry-Con.  I was completely lost and not sure what I was going to be doing for this.  We were given the task of meeting our favorite Berry Sims and to dress up as them.  A tough start!  I am not too familiar with Berries.  Aside from two, that is.  Fairy and Victoria.  Some time ago I was granted permission to use these two wonderful sims for my story, so they were already in my bin.  But what to do with them?  How could I have Jack dress up as one of them?  It was a pickle of a problem.

This first assignment would also be the one assignment that I put forth a bit of time into.  As it turns out, it is also my highest scored picture, too.  Whudathunkit!?  This was the pic that made me want to come back later and talk just a little bit about them.  With the pic being small some details are missed.  And with this, there are a few things going on in the background.



First, the pic I turned in:
Photobucket

As much as I wanted to have Fairy in this picture with Jack, I did NOT want him dressed up as her.  Took a different approach favoring the green tones of Victoria Bitters.  An, "oops," moment of coincidence was my angle with this.  It didn't take too long to set this one up and I thought it worked out great.

Just some other hopefuls that didn't make it:
Photobucket
The above pic, I liked the interaction between Fairy and Victoria, but Jack wasn't involved enough and looked too stiff and distant.

Photobucket
Ha, this one was better but I was already beginning to have ideas for Fairy and Jack if this competition were to progress in a way that I imagined it could.  And it did.  But this pic, I didn't like that Jack looked happy while Fairy was clearly displeased.  Berry wouldn't know, but I was secretly hoping that I'd get the chance to work a romance between these two.  And I did, later.  (pats self on back)

I could be one of the few people that actually likes Bitters.  The skintone I use isn't as green as it should be, and that is because for my story I couldn't have her appearing so fluorescent.  Play with the hair a bit, touch up the makeup and she doesn't look that bad!
Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
One of the things that had bothered me for a long time with my version of Fairy that was used in my story was that she did not have the right colored eyes and she didn't have her freckles.  This was the perfect chance to correct all that and re-save her to my bin for later use when I get back to writing again. But I'm not sure the eyes are the right color, still.  I really love how she turned out for this pic.  To my eye, everything just works and I kind of wished I was using Fairy for this comp. instead of Jack!


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Needed some background noise.  Not sure anymore who these two are, or the others I used.  I did go looking in The Exchange for sims from Cupcake and Cami, but they didn't have any.  And if either of you read that, I know I could have asked... there just wasn't any time left and that deadline - that I "like" to dance around."  All I can remember now is that they belong to Berry.  So does this next one!


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Again, I forget the name of this one.  This was a cool sim though.  I very much liked the color scheme on this one.  The two kids, um, the one in the blue was created there on the spot - nothing special.  The big doll is actually Gabriel. :]


Photobucket
VQ's Kali sim... de-aged!


No introduction needed for this one and probably the most easily recognizable of all sims-ever.  No joke.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
It felt important for her to be attending, but I didn't want her to be at the center of attention.  So I tossed her in the back and she's... casting spells?  Pressed for time, I do what I can!  Which is a recurring theme in everything I do.

So that's all.  Just wanted to share that.  And now it's just passed midnight and I should be sleeping.  But when you're me, you do what you can, when you can.  Like clockwork, the theme has recurred!

3 comments:

  1. I don't upload my sims to the exchange anymore lol but they can be found on my blog mostly (those that I upload anyway lol)

    Anyway, great to see the pic and thought process broken down a bit :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a definite lack of male-essence...good shots nonetheless!

    That is all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics!!! Glad to see you are enjoying the Competition. :D Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete